After the launch of the Virtuose professional oboe in 2016, Buffet Crampon innovates again by launching the “Légende”.
This new model is complimentary to the Buffet Crampon professional oboe family for its qualities of accuracy, flexibility, centered tone and projection. The Légende offers a new warmth and broadness of sound throughout the entire instrument. Particular attention has been paid to the acoustic quality, the harmonic spectrum, the ease of response, and depth of sound.
The Légende benefits from Green LinE technology, featuring GL tone inserts to reduce the risk of cracks, which allows the oboist to play with confidence at all times.
With the widest flexibility and room for growth, this oboe is suitable for both an advanced oboist and a student wishing to progress to his first professional instrument. All players will be impressed with its responsive and warm character.
In addition to the acoustic innovations, the refined design has been applied to the smallest detail. The Légende is part of the new Buffet Crampon aesthetic concept combining pink gold and silver in the “Grand Siècle” style: A rare and recognizable elegance among wind instruments!
A wonderful combination of the familiar tonal characteristics of the Buffet Crampon brand and unique musical expression, the Légende embraces and highlights the personality of the oboist.
- Ease of response and refined tonal quality in all registers, in all nuances
- Versatile tonal response from the most subtle pianissimo to the greatest fortissimo without distorting neither the accuracy nor the tonal color.
- Flexibility of upward and downward intervals, great ability to produce contrasting tone and dynamics, to stay centered.
- Consistent intonation over the entire range
- Responsive half hole
- Very responsive second and third octaves
- Green LinE tone holes inserts to prevent cracks.
It is with great joy that we present to you today “Légende” : the fruit of long-term work, the product of real teamwork, a unique oboe, an instrument that sticks to your skin, a model made to do great things.
This new Buffet Crampon model gathers together all the ingredients that seem to me essential in order to build a beautiful instrument : reliability, consistency, flexibility, accuracy, ease of emission, vibration, dynamic range and sound paste. We have created an oboe that liberates, sings, encourages, follows, adapts – an instrument that reveals and highlights the artist.
I have so much fun everyday with “Légende”. The response is immediate, the reliability is unparalleled, the color palettes are extremely varied, the articulation frieze is immense. I can sing and dance with my oboe.
A real love at first sight as we feel the naturalness and the sincerity in this instrument. “Légende” lets me construct my music as I wish and reacts with every twirl of my tune.
I am so happy to be part of this great team along with Eric Speller, … , Jonathan Vanhove, François Billecard and the entire Buffet Team for our new adventure at Buffet Crampon!
With “Légende”, write your own story!
Proud and happy to join the wonderful and creative team which just launch Buffet Crampon last creation : Légende.
More than a musical instrument Légende is an idea around renewal, creativity and dynamism. Thanks to its knowledge and legacy, Buffet Crampon release an oboe made of new colors, with an innovative personality for modern expectations.
An oboe made for a generation of musicians which is not scared and dare to move forward. Energy, inspiration, freedom… all the ingredients to confidently jump into a new year full of hopes !
I play the Légende for its general comfort and its flexibility of response, its homogeneity, and its flawless accuracy. I also love its fluidity, its ease of emission over the entire range, its richness, and its projection of sound. It provides an infinite color palette that allows one to blend into a group but also to emerge and capture the listener naturally.
But perhaps above all, I play the Légende because this instrument places no limits on the artist.
It gives one freedom, in the service of expression, without constraint or compromise.
This oboe reassures, stimulates, and leads the performer towards excellence.
- Key : C
- Pitch : 440/443 Hz
- Body : Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia Melanoxylon), Upper joint equipped with a metal tenon for maximum protection/durability, Tenon caps for upper and lower joints
- Keywork : Full Conservatory system – semi-automatic, Third octave key, Highly durable keywork, nickel silver, silver plated, Pink gold-plated posts, rings and reed receiver, New adjustable thumb rest
- Pads : Cork, GT waterproof and breathable: lower note key cups
- Accessories : High Tech metallic grey and black leather case. "Made in France" thermoformed shell. Triple skin composite with full airex / PVC foam core. Lightweight, excellent impact resistance, isothermal. "Made in France" leather case cover and fleece lining.
- Option : Gold-plated keywork