The creation of the Legend and Tradition clarinets in 2017 gave rise to a new family of bores. Thanks to their qualities, combining tradition and innovation, these bores are seducing more and more musicians throughout the world. In 2020, Buffet Crampon decided to pursue the development of this family of bores by presenting a new instrument surpassing expectations both by the quality of its French manufacture and its particularly affordable price: the GALA clarinet.
Its design takes full advantage of the latest research and is characterized by rich harmonics and an overall balance of the instrument’s range. This new professional clarinet is equipped with wooden chimneys (dalbergia melanoxylon) and leather pads. Finishing touches of black nickel-plated rings, medallion and ligature adorn the instrument with sobriety and elegance.
- Key : Bb, A
- Pitch : 440/442 Hz
- Body : Stained Grenadilla wood (Dalbergia Melanoxylon)
- Bore : Poly-cylindrical bore
- Bell : Flat-bottomed bell rim
- Barrels : Bb: 65 and 66 mm; A: 64 and 65 mm
- Keywork BC1121/BC1221 : 17
- Keywork BC1121L/BC1221L : 18
- Rings : 6
- Thumb rest : Adjustable
- Keywork finish : Black nickel-plated rings and medallion
- Springs : Needle springs and blue steel springs
- Pads : Leather and cork (register key)
- Option : Left hand Eb lever (BC1121L/BC1221L)